The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Jonathan Davis wow... I have no words for this book! If you do read it and I highly recommend you do, I extremely recommend getting the audio edition because it makes it all the mysterious and scary. There were times, because the narrator (Jonathan Davis) does an excellent job changing this voice just a bit, that I jumped out of my skin. The author writes a brilliant story of Daniel (one little annoyance with this narrator is that he pronounced like the female Danielle) and the book by an unknown author. There is mystery (who's burning the books?), adventure (tramping all over Barcelona (the other tiny annoyance with this narrator, he pronounced Barcelona with a lisp. Drove me nuts)), and romance. Amid that, there's the Gothic tale of people dying and horrible police and possibly haunted mansions! I couldn't believe that an author would just randomly kill off his main character 3/4 of the way through the book but I was like, noo this can't be.. so I had to keep going! UG such good writing!